Sunday 12 October 2014

The only way out.


I take to the paper
When the world goes insane
A beautiful sparkling snow covered haven
Look closer; there is brutality and blood there.
The lovely family that’s just perfect,
See the pretense the disdain the lifeless touch.
Right next to the hospitals,
See the kids starve beg die…
I sit in class, hoping to learn,
The voice is like a drone, takes a backseat in my head,
I just can’t connect.
I tune out, nowhere to go
It’s like a rainbow, devoid of colors.
The conversations are bland,
Food is un-alluring.
Life till yet was fine,
now it’s just ‘nothing’.
I dress up when expected to,
I gear up to impress,
For what? Oh please don’t ask,
The confusion has to be kept afar.
I rush home when I have no work,
I cook even if it’s taxing.
I eat without hunger
And sleep more without need.
I drink to fight the abyss, smoke to fight the drink.
I wonder Whats life,
And take to paper for that’s the only stable thing.
It’s like water, I can’t hold but sure can feel.
It’s the ‘feel’ I get when I write,
And maybe that’s the reason why
I hold on to this life.


1 comment: